11 TIPS FOR LENT
Dear friends, here are some tips which would help you in your Lenten journey towards Easter, tips which could also be lived throughout the year to grow in our love for God.
Take care and God bless!
- ACKNOWLEDGE OUR SINS.
- We are all sinners. Only by acknowledging our sins shall we receive God’s grace and mercy.
- It is the fountain of God’s love and mercy. With it, we recover God’s friendship. It is the first step toward God’s call to the conversion of our heart.
- GIVE UP SIN
- Love God by rejecting those things which God rejects. For this, we need to struggle daily.
- PRAY AND MEDITATE
- Get to know Our Lord more in order to love Him more by doing mental prayer.
- Pray for others as well: your family, the Pope, the conversion of sinners; those who suffer: the poor, jobless, sick, homeless, refugees, persecuted…
- Offer small sacrifices to Our Lord daily in reparation of sins: your sins and those of mankind: a smile when tired, biting one’s tongue, order in material things…
- WORKS OF MERCY. Make it a daily habit to make others happy through your good deeds.
- SAY “NO” TO YOUR DISORDERED PASSIONS for love of God.
- FAST & ABSTAIN during the prescribed days, Fridays of Lent (abstinence) and Good Friday.
- Don’t forget that there are other types of “fasting”…of the eyes, of the ears, of our curiosity, of the tongue etc.
- CARRY OUT YOUR DAILY DUTIES the best way you can, offer them to God. Your work is then converted into prayer!
- PRACTICE THE VIRTUES always even if you are tired or don’t feel like it for love of God and those around you.
- APOSTOLATE OF CONFESSION
- Bring souls closer to Christ! Encourage your friends to receive God’s mercy!
A Fruitful Lenten journey to all! Fr. Rolly Arjonillo
Stay updated: subscribe by email for free TO OUR NEW WEBSITE www.catholicsstrivingforholiness.org (PUT YOUR EMAIL IN THE SUBSCRIBE WIDGET).
We are also in www.fb.com/Catholicsstrivingforholiness. Kindly help more people in their Christian life by liking our page and inviting your family, friends and relatives to do so as well. Thanks in advance and God bless you and your loved ones! Fr. Rolly Arjonillo