ON PRESENCE OF GOD AND ASPIRATIONS.
SEEK GOD IN THE ORDINARY THINGS OF EACH DAY.
As in any relationship where love has to be nurtured by frequent dialogue, sweet words and small details of affection, our relationship with God grows when we constantly seek Him throughout the day with acts of love, of faith, of hope; acts of contrition, of petition and of thanksgiving: small and short prayers called aspirations.
Aspirations or short prayers repeated throughout the day maintain the glowing embers of our love for God alive and help us to see things from a supernatural outlook, that is, from how God would see them, thus giving us a lot of interior peace and serenity for nothing escapes God’s Providence.
Examples of aspirations are:
– Lord, You know all things, you know that I love you.
– Lord, have mercy no me a sinner.
– Lord, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
– Thank you, Lord Jesus!
– Lord I ask you for this person or that person.
– Lord, I ask you for my conversion and the conversion of all sinners.
– Lord, I ask you for the holy souls in purgatory.
– God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit: I adore You, I hope in You, I love You. Increase my faith hope and love!
– Lord, is this what You want? Then, this is what I want!
– Lord, I offer you this pain (contradiction, sorrow, problem).
– Lord, please help me (the Pope, the Bishops, those who are suffering from temptations…).
– Lord, please take care of my family, of my friends.
– Lord, please help those who are suffering from sickness, poverty, persecution or any other problem.
and so on….
This effort to live presence of God throughout the day would unite us more intimately with God and make us contemplatives in the midst of our ordinary activities in the middle of the world. I encourage you to live it!
SEE AS WELL: WHAT MUST IS DO TO LIVE PRESENCE OF GOD? HERE.
Stay updated: subscribe by email for free TO OUR NEW WEBSITE www.catholicsstrivingforholiness.org (PUT YOUR EMAIL IN THE SUBSCRIBE WIDGET).
We are also in www.fb.com/Catholicsstrivingforholiness. Kindly help more people in their Christian life by liking our page and inviting your family, friends and relatives to do so as well. Thanks in advance and God bless you and your loved ones! Fr. Rolly Arjonillo